The Anthracite Golf Association awards several scholarships yearly, which include:
- Vince Scarpetta Sr.
- Art Wall Jr.
- The Francis "Gunner" Hayes,
- The Scott Saunders Memorial
- The Frank O'Neill Jr
- Dennis Corvo
- Pocono Professional Golf Series
- AGA Memorial Scholarships
- Executive Committee
- AGA Founders Scholarship(s)
The Anthracite Golf Association scholarship committee considers numerous factors when determining our scholarship recipients. These include, but are not limited to: academics, character, leadership and service, golfing accomplishments, participation in our AGA junior tour, two letters of recommendation, applicant’s statement and career goals, and acceptance into a post-secondary institution.
- High school seniors are eligible, and encouraged to apply. Club affiliation is NOT a factor.
- Completed applications must be in AGA office by 6:00pm March 1, 2017.
- All scholarships will be payable to the student. Half of the amount will be presented at a spring/summer AGA executive committee meeting. Winners are encouraged to immediately inform their school and golf coach of the award, and ask that they publicize it in their school and local community. The remainder of the award will be mailed after January 15, upon receipt in the AGA office of a copy of the first semester grades, indicating a minimum GPA of 2.5. It is the recipient's responsibility to forward the grade report to the AGA office at the completion of the fall semester, no later than January 15.
- Recipients will forfeit the remainder of the scholarship should they fail to obtain a 2.5 during the first semester. If a student starts in the summer, the cumulative grade average after the fall semester will be the GPA that is considered.
- The scholarship committee chairman will contact all winners with the details for the presentation of awards when they are finalized.